Moving Up: Leadership Development Opportunities
We stand behind our Leadpoint recycling employees, with Leadership development opportunities that will help you get ahead. With hard work and dedication, many of our entry level employees move up into Line Lead and Manager roles. All it takes from you is a desire to get ahead and a commitment to the job.
We’ll help you get there. Leadpoint has five initiatives to support our field employees and help them grow as leaders on our team.
Initiatives for Growth
- Employee Handbook. Don’t yawn. This resource is a tool to orient new employees and a resource for even the longest-serving leader on the team. It’s online so you can access it at any time. It’s written in plain language – no legalese or hidden messages. The whole idea is to give you information about things that matter to you and your team: pay and benefits, sick leave and holidays, how to get help, and what our policies are.
- New Leader Orientation. We’re proud to bring every new leader to the Leadpoint corporate office in Phoenix for two and a half days of training, learning and collaboration. We also have a lot of fun together. We do this twice a year. Yes, it’s expensive to put people on planes and in hotel rooms, but we think you’re worth it.
- Annual Performance Appraisal. For shift managers and up, Leadpoint’s annual performance appraisal process helps you set goals and measure your progress toward achieving them. It allows for honest feedback between you and your manager about what’s going well and where improvements can be made. Performance appraisals aren’t for complaining or criticism; they’re intended to be a helpful and inspiring communication process. Ours are.
- Harassment & Discrimination Prevention. This one’s important. As leaders, Leadpoint’s team members must understand how to recognize, prevent and address all incidents of harassment and discrimination. Learning how isn’t as easy as it sounds. We expect our leaders to complete these two separate training sessions, and we’ll give you time to do so.
- Congratulations Video & Core Values. When sorters are promoted to Line Lead roles, it’s a cause for celebration. You’ll receive a personal video message of congratulations and thanks from Leadpoint’s Vice President of Human Resources. You’ll also have a refresher on Leadpoint’s core values.
Leadpoint’s Core Values
We expect our leaders to represent Leadpoint’s core values in their job and in the way they interact with their team. Let’s review them now.
Ownership of our work and responsibilities.
Sense of Urgency to complete the task and add more value to the organization.
Over Communication. We communicate our plans, ideas and our feedback at all levels of the organization.
Doing What is Right, always acting with transparency, dignity and respect to others.
Being Unafraid to Change. Failing quickly and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
And, giving ourselves Permission to Fail. Understanding that failure brings humility and growth.
We wish all our employees and leaders the very best. We invite you to discuss any of these programs with our Human Resources team. Thank you for all you do!