Leadpoint is looking for a Vice President, Human Resources to join our leadership team. This role is based in
Phoenix, AZ and will report to the CEO/President. At a glance, this position is responsible for
executing the talent strategy and managing the day-to-day duties of the People Department. S/he
acts as a strategic leader and cultural liaison within a fast-growing, mission-driven business that is
committed to workforce solutions.
The Vice President, Human Resources will be directly responsible for the following:
• Leading all recruiting, hiring, and employee retention activities company-wide, including
collaborating with multi-state site leadership on their specific recruiting, hiring and
• Measuring and leading improvements in employee engagement, along with fostering
positive engagement into the company’s everyday operations.
• Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local
employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in
human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to
communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
• Leading employees within the People Department (currently Learning & Development
Manager, Benefits Administrator and the Workforce Operations Support team).
• Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizational goals and strategy.
• Overseeing all administrative aspects of the People Department including but not limited to
performance management, benefits/leave administration, compensation, employment law
compliance, recognition, training & development and all disputes/investigations/coaching
• Leading efforts to transition the company in a high-growth environment into an employer
of choice and a Great Place to Work
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will possess a unique combination of strong strategic/visionary leadership skills
combined with solid organizational and execution skills. S/he will be expected to be a highly visible
leader, both within the Corporate HQ Team and the Field Leadership Team and should display the
emotional intelligence necessary to effectively communicate with and engage each of those teams.
This person should be willing to roll up their sleeves and be ready to jump in and do whatever it
takes to get the job done. This candidate is a more a doer than a delegator.
• Candidates for the position should have a minimum of 8 years of experience leading a
People/Human Resources Department in a multi-state organization, and a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Embraces the Leadpoint brand and leads with conviction and energy.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain an appropriate balance of doing versus to
• Effectively problem solve, prioritize, follow through on assignments/projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS, ATS & ADP Workforce Now.
• Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
• Reliable and dependable
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations in multiple states
• Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative
• Willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As the Vice President Human Resources, you’ll experience a great deal of variety from day-to-day. You will never be bored!
Some days may require more time on administrative duties or managing employee relations issues
and others may be spent strategizing with the executive team. You will engage with virtually every
site leader and executive in the company.
The typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM -5PM. Travel is required.
What are the major issues you’re facing? Is it finding and keeping good people? Excessive downtime? Or too many workplace…
Question: How many occupational hazards can an experienced safety professional find within 30 seconds of walking into a waste/recycling plant?…
Is all manufacturing in the United States on the decline? While there have been major shifts in the overall manufacturing…
5310 E. High Street, Ste. 300
Phoenix, AZ 85054
400 E. Main Street, Ste. 140
Hillsboro, OR 97123