Leadpoint Business Services is currently seeking a dynamic Plant Maintenance/Shift Supervisor. This position will be assigned to our New Boston, MI location.
Title – 2nd Shift Plant Maintenance/Shift Supervisor
Reports To Facility Manager or their designee
Individual will oversee the daily 2nd Shift Maintenance and Plant Operations.
Work with maintenance team to complete repairs and preventative maintenance on all equipment at the New Boston GFL Facility. Work with staffing company to ensure management of personnel and adherence to GFL safety standards. Provide clear communication between staffing company, maintenance team, and management.
Maintenance Duties (70 %)
· Assisting the Facility Manager with plant equipment scheduled maintenance and working with the Mechanical Team.
· Responsible for following plant personnel’s daily equipment checks and maintenance of their machine.
· Keep constant communication with upper management of what’s needed in order to maintain proper production.
· Responsible for daily maintenance of production and rolling stock equipment
· Responsible for proper and safe operations of all equipment onsite.
· Establishing work plans that support and improve equipment reliability
· Diagnosing equipment failures/malfunctions, determining root causes, and initiating immediate and long-term corrections
· Ensuring that all maintenance operations are done in accordance with GFL policy and OSHA guidelines
Operations Duties (30 %)
· Guiding plant employee’s direction, including but not limited to OSHA safety protocol, attendance, employee conduct, employee paperwork, grading, and other plant paperwork/compliance.
· Actively supporting and implementing all GFL safety policies and initiatives
· Provide training for all new plant team members in recognizing all grades of fiber, plastics, and metals common to our facility.
· Responsible for the maintaining of inventory of assets, supplies and tools.
· Responsible for setting and maintaining the pace of production safely, efficiently, and effectively resulting in a quality end-product.
· Responsible for daily reporting of bale counts, floor inventory, and equipment maintenance schedules.
· Responsible for proper use of labor hours and maintaining the budgeted amount.
· Leading people by example – training and guiding all the team members – new and old.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
· 5+years in maintenance position
· 2+ years in a management position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, or Other Requirements
Must have an extensive set of tools to perform required maintenance both preventative and repairs alike.
Basic knowledge with High voltage power
Some experience with production communication electrical
Metal fabrication experience
· Highly organized and professional.
· Able to multitask.
· Work well under pressure.
· Great communication skills.
· Excellent analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
· Recycling/waste industry experience is a plus.
· Must be a self- starter and able to work in a team environment with no supervision.
· Must be proficient with computers/software, smartphones and tablet technology.
If you are a people person with great time management and problem-solving skills and seek a career opportunity with lots of growth potential, then please apply now for immediate consideration.
What are the major issues you’re facing? Is it finding and keeping good people? Excessive downtime? Or too many workplace…
Question: How many occupational hazards can an experienced safety professional find within 30 seconds of walking into a waste/recycling plant?…
Is all manufacturing in the United States on the decline? While there have been major shifts in the overall manufacturing…
5310 E. High Street, Ste. 300
Phoenix, AZ 85054
400 E. Main Street, Ste. 140
Hillsboro, OR 97123