MRF Supervisor in West Chicago, IL
The Supervisor will report to the Site Manager
The operations supervisor is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the facility. The supervisor oversees the sorters, works with the Lead Operator, and works with the management team to achieve budgets and goals that are established for the site. The supervisor leads the operation to ensure compliance with safety, operating and compliance standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise the labor force for the facility · · Shift: 6:00 am – 3:00 pm
· Work with management to establish productivity goals and manage labor hours to achieve the goals
· Cross train employees to further develop talent and coach employees to achieve career goals
· Enforce company safety rules and conduct monthly safety meetings
· Develop relationship with employees to understand their needs to increase employee morale and engagement
· Work closely with maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and scheduled services do not interfere with operations
· Communicate any safety or operational issues to the management team immediately
· Ability to supervise a large staff
· Strong problem solver who is able to make decisions in the best interest of the company
· Bilingual highly preferred
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors · · ·The supervisor position requires extensive work on the sorting lines and on the tip floor and material staging areas. ·The supervisor will be required to work indoors and outdoors and will be subject to weather extremes and dusty and noisy conditions. ·This Supervisor will assist when needed at other locations within a 20-mile radius.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Lakeshore Recycling Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
What are the major issues you’re facing? Is it finding and keeping good people? Excessive downtime? Or too many workplace…
Question: How many occupational hazards can an experienced safety professional find within 30 seconds of walking into a waste/recycling plant?…
Is all manufacturing in the United States on the decline? While there have been major shifts in the overall manufacturing…
5310 E. High Street, Ste. 300
Phoenix, AZ 85054
400 E. Main Street, Ste. 140
Hillsboro, OR 97123