Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Solid Waste Processing Operations, Chicago, IL, Immediate Start, Career growth, benefits and training provided.
Leadpoint Business Services is currently seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanic in the Chicago Market. We are looking for a responsible heavy equipment Mechanic to maintain and repair equipment used at a recycling facility during the working shift. The equipment mechanic maintains a variety of equipment used in Solid waste operations to include large and small trucks, heavy equipment, excavator, and forklifts.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a growing team and move up quickly.
Benefits of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic
A great expanding organization in the Chicago Market
Multiple Shifts Available
This is a full-time job with reliable pay.
Overtime and incentive pay may be available.
Benefits: health insurance and paid time off.
You’ll have opportunities to progress in your career.
Responsibilities of Heavy Equipment Mechanic
· Must be able to perform services, diagnostics, part replacement
· Must have own tools
· Maintains good records
· Knows how to use/willing to learn computer tracking software
· Maintains a clean work environment
· Able to read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics
· Identify problems and come up with viable solutions
· Has knowledge of Caterpillar, Komatsu, John Deere parts and systems
· Work in a team environment
· Must have a clean driver’s license
· Full-time position with overtime opportunities
Requirements of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic
· ASE certifications are a plus
· Ability to perform physical requirements of the job
· Repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing
· Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission
· Ability to work in all weather conditions
· Needs excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
· Good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
· Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred
· Waste industry experience, a plus
· Completion of college or vocational or technical training
· Experience with routine maintenance operations is required
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
· Works under moderate supervision
· Requires lifting to 50-75 pounds, pushing, pulling, and bending
· Physical ability to lift to 50 pounds
· A valid Driver licenses
· A valid CDL driver license is a plus
· Must be 21 years of age, or older
· A GED or high school diploma is required
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Leadpoint Business Services
Since 2000, Leadpoint has been helping waste and recycling companies become more efficient. That work starts with our employees – people like you. We hire, train, and put hundreds of people to work at our customers’ businesses every year. Then, we work with you to help you perform at your best.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and the level of work performed by employees assigned to this position, and it must not be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, rights and / or skills required. Do not prescribe or restrict the work that can be assigned. In addition, this does not establish a contract of employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Let’s talk about how Leadpoint can boost your company’s performance and efficiency.Contact Us Today
What are the major issues you’re facing? Is it finding and keeping good people? Excessive downtime? Or too many workplace…
Question: How many occupational hazards can an experienced safety professional find within 30 seconds of walking into a waste/recycling plant?…
Is all manufacturing in the United States on the decline? While there have been major shifts in the overall manufacturing…
5310 E. High Street, Ste. 300
Phoenix, AZ 85054
400 E. Main Street, Ste. 140
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Atlanta, GA 30303