Leadpoint is looking for a Director of Human Resources to join our Leadership team. This role is based in Phoenix, AZ and will report to the CEO. At a glance, this position is responsible for executing the talent strategy and managing day-to-day duties of the People Department. The Director of HR acts as a strategic leader and cultural liaison within a fast-growing, mission-driven business that is committed to workforce solutions.
The DHR will be directly responsible for the following:
• Leading all recruiting, hiring, and employee retention activities company-wide, including collaborating with multi-state site leadership on their specific recruiting, hiring and retention needs.
• Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
• Leading employees within the People Department (currently Learning & Development Manager, Benefits Administrator, and the Talent Acquisition team).
• Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizational goals and strategy.
• Overseeing all administrative aspects of the People Department including but not limited to performance management, benefits/leave administration, compensation, employment law compliance, recognition, office administration, training & development and all disputes/investigations/coaching matters.
• Leading efforts to transition the company in a high-growth environment into an employer of choice and a Great Place to Work
• Measuring and leading improvements in employee engagement, along with fostering positive engagement into the company’s everyday operations.
• Champions efforts to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the company.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will possess a unique combination of strong strategic/visionary leadership skills combined with solid organizational and execution skills. You will be expected to be a highly visible leader, both within the Corporate HQ Team and the Field Leadership Team and should display the emotional intelligence necessary to effectively communicate with and engage each of those teams. The Director of HR should be willing to roll up their sleeves and be ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. This candidate is more a doer than a delegator.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience leading a People Ops/HR Department in a multi-state organization.
• Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
• Embraces the employment brand and leads with conviction and energy.
• Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain an appropriate balance of doing versus to delegating.
• Effectively problem solve, prioritize, follow through on assignments/projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven time management skills and a record of success meeting deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS, ATS & Payroll software.
• Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
• Reliable and dependable
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations in multiple states
• Ability to work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative
• Willing to help others as needs and tasks change often.
• Passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
A DAY IN THE LIFE As the Director of HR, you’ll experience a great deal of variety from day-to-day. You will never be bored! The typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM -5PM. Travel may also be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.