PPE & COVID-19
During the COVID-19 crisis, recycling plants must be extra vigilant about employee safety, both typical practices and new considerations during the outbreak. Brian Haney, VP of Safety & Compliance offers these recommendations.
- Base PPE requirements on the task, not the job title.
- Document PPE choices with a hazard assessment specific to each task.
- For respiratory protection, know what your employees are exposed to and at what levels.
- Keep N95 masks for healthcare workers and first responders.
- Allow cloth masks, surgical masks or even bandanas for comfort.
- PPE is your last line of defense. Address physical barriers and social distancing first.
Read more here.