Leadpoint has immediate openings for Labor Workers for our client recycling facility.
Available Shifts and Pay:
1st Shift *6:00 am – 4:30 pm – $10.00 per hour
2nd Shift *4:30pm to 3:00am – $10.50 per hour
Sorter/Pickers work as quality control workers by hand picking and sorting of recyclable materials that are coming down a moving belt. They are responsible for making sure that unacceptable materials are taken out to prevent contamination of bales produced. Sorters can be exposed to odors and the various weather elements.
As a Laborer your duties will include a variety of task such as:
• Sort materials, such as metals, glass, wood, paper or plastics, into appropriate containers for recycling.
• Clean recycling yard by sweeping, raking, picking up broken glass and loose paper debris, or moving barrels and bins
• Sort metals to separate high-grade metals, such as copper, brass, and aluminum, for recycling.
• Clean, inspect, or minor repairs on recycling equipment.
• The ability to quickly move your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp objects.
• The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Ability to perform the physical demands of the work. This includes prolonged standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transport and climbing.
As an associate of Leadpoint you will be entitled to benefits such as Healthcare/Insurance, 1 WEEK Paid Time Off, and a WEEKLY paycheck just to name a few! Ask your recruiter for details about our employee benefits.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and the level of work performed by employees assigned to this position, and it must not be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, rights and / or skills required. Do not prescribe or restrict the work that can be assigned. In addition, this does not establish a contract of employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.