2nd Shift Recycling 3:30pm — MIdnight
Labor, Sorter/Pickers work as quality control workers by hand picking and sorting of recyclable materials that are coming down a moving belt. They are responsible for making sure that unacceptable materials are taken out to prevent contamination of bales produced. Sorters can be exposed to odors and the various weather elements. Physical demand and hours may vary.
- Make sure to use the appropriate PPE. Workers wear, hard hats, dust protection for ears, and face, safety goggles, and gloves.
- Make sure to follow the proper lock out and tag out procedures as needed.
Perform any tasks related to the cleaning of the facility, and equipment.
Some lifting is required to dump boxes and containers of material into the designated areas.
Maintain an excellent safety and attendance record including quality of work.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the work. This includes prolonged standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transport and climbing.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays, as needed.
- Ability to work with exposure to the various weather conditions.
- You must pass pre-employment testing. This includes a short safety quiz, then you will be taken into the facility and given the opportunity to try the sorting-picking for 10-15 minutes. This will allow you to see what the job requires.
- You must pass an inquiry of the National Sex Offenders database.
- You must pass an oral drug screen given on site.
Working conditions and Environmental hazards
Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
2. Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and smoke.
3. Exposure to the recycling waste, residential and commercial.
4. Loaders, Skid steers, and Fork lifts frequently move on the main floor and requires the full attention of the drivers and anyone who walks on the main floor.
Recycling Facilities use the most current technology to provide automated devises to separate various recyclables. Human labor is provided to assist in providing the best possible quality in bales made from the separated materials.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and the level of work performed by employees assigned to this position, and it must not be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, rights and / or skills required. Do not prescribe or restrict the work that can be assigned. In addition, this does not establish a contract of employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.